1. Man: I need some shampoo for my hair.
Woman: All of the shampoo is in the back of the store on the third shelf.
Narrator: What will the man probably do?
a. Walk out of the store
b. Buy the shampoo
c. Come back later
d. Go to another store
2. Woman: Pardon me. Do you know what time that this store opens?
Man: I do not, but I believe that it is written on the door.
Narrator: What does the man imply that the woman should do?
a. Look on the door
b. Open the door
c. Ask someone else
d. Come back later
3. Man: Are you going to go to the University of Texas to get your Doctorate?
Woman: I don’t think so.
Man: Why, have you been accepted to any other schools?
Woman: Yes, I have received news of acceptance from LSU, University of
Tennessee, and Harvard.
Narrator: What are the speakers discussing?
a. The University of Texas
b. Schools with Doctorate programs
c. Where the woman will go to school
d. Who can get accepted to the most schools
4. Man: We are going to get ice cream. Would you like to come with us?
Woman: I am waiting for a package to be delivered.
Narrator: What does the woman imply?
a. She does not eat ice cream
b. She has no money
c. She does not like packages
d. She will not be going
5. Woman: Are you going to go to the ball game?
Man: You bet!
Narrator: What does the man mean?
a. He will place a wager on the ball game
b. He will definitely go to the ball game
c. He likes to gamble
d. He does not like ball games
6. You’d better go, …..?
a. Don’t you?
b. Shall you?
c. Wouldn’t you?
d. Hadn’t you?
7. Let’s go, …?
a. Don’t we?
b. Shall we?
c. Should we?
d. Do we?
8. She seems so beautiful, …?
a. Does she?
b. Doesn’t she?
c. Do she?
d. Don’t she?
9. You love her for who she really is,….?
a. Don’t you?
b. Doesn’t you?
c. Isn’t it?
d. Is it?
10. Neither teachers nor students are free today, ….?
a. Don’t they?
b. Do they?
c. Aren’t they?
d. Are they?
11. Florida hasn’t yet ratified the amendment, and…..
a. Several other states hasn’t either
b. Neither has some of the others states
c. Some other states also have not either
d. Neither have several other states
12. Clare has always been so busy at home since she gave birth to his son, and ….
a. Some of her friends has been too
b. Some of her friends has always been so
c. Some of her friends have been too
d. Some of her friends have always been so
13. Catharine is learning Spanish since she wants to go to Spain, and…
a. So does her friend, Adam.
b. Her friend, Adam is doing so too.
c. Her friend, Adam is too.
d. Her friend, Adam does too.
14. I am not hungry, and….
a. So does Irma.
b. So is Irma.
c. Irma does too.
d. Irma is so.
15. Rangga does love her mother, and..
a. So does two of his sisters.
b. So do two of her sisters.
c. So does two of her sisters.
d. So do two of her sisters.
16. Which one of these sentences here below is correct?
a. Rihanna is shorter than Jojo
b. Jojo is taller than Rihanna
c. Rihanna is tallest than Jojo
d. Jojo is shorter than Rihanna
Change these sentences here below to be passive voices
17. Riny buys a new car …
a. A new car is buy by Riny
b. A new car is bought by Riny
c. A new car is being bought by Riny
d. A new car is buy by Riny
18. Riny bought a new car…
a. A new car is bought by Riny
b. A new car has bought by Riny
c. A new car was bought by Riny
d. A new car was already bought by Riny
19. Riny has bought a new car….
a. A new car has already bought by Riny
b. A new car has been being bought by Riny
c. A new car has already been bought by Riny
d. A new car has bought by Riny
20. Riny has been buying a new car….
a. A new car has been buying by Riny
b. A new car has been bought by Riny
c. A new car has bought by Riny
d. A new car has been being bought by Riny
21. ‘what does her job?’
Find the mistake on the sentence above and give your reason!
22. ‘Me and my dad gone to our most favorite place yesterday’
Find the mistakes on the sentence above and give your reason why they are wrong!
Translate these sentences here below into English
23. Aku terganggu oleh suara tawa anak kecil itu!
24. Banyak hal tidak akan tetap sama di masa depan
25. Pendidikan telah menjadi suatu hal yang sangat penting sejak ditemukannya aksara
26. Garuda Indonesia terbang menuju Juanda kemarin
Change there sentences here below into Bahasa Indonesia!
27. He’s too young to know that he does wrong
28. As she is in the first rank of her class, she must be clever
29. How did everything go on when you visited the US last month?
30. Children are prohibited to come in